- Easy to use.
- No installation work required.
- Simple, neat solution.
- No trailing wires or parts to lose.
- Neat and compact.
- Unobtrusive, effective, inclusive.
- Customer Service Counters.
- Home Visits.
- Interview Areas.
- Meeting Rooms.
- Reception Desks.
- Situations where a loop facility is only occasionally required.
- Size: (approx.) 270mm x 250mm x 110mm.
- Power: Rechargeable 12V NiMH battery.
- Battery Life: (approx.) 4 hours continuous use.
- Microphone: Electret capsule.
- Magnetic Field Coverage Area: (approx.) 4ft / 1.2m.
- Connections: External audio in – 3.5mm jack plug socket. DC power – 2.1mm DC jack plug socket.
Instructions for Users:
- Place the portable induction loop system on the desk or counter between the user and the member of staff, with the back of the unit towards the staff member and the front with the “T” position label towards the user (as shown below).
- Switch the on system using the switch on the back of the main unit on the left side marked “ON-OFF”.
- The user may get the most benefit from the system by adjusting the position of the Main Unit on the desk to suit their need.
- During normal use when conversation is taking place, the LED will flash green in conjunction with speech to indicate that the unit is working.
- If the battery level becomes low, the LED will flash red periodically. The unit should then be charged using the power adapter provided. (This may be done whilst the system is still in operation).
- To ensure that the unit is ready for use when required, and to preserve battery life, put on charge periodically, (e.g. once a month, using the power adapter). This should be plugged into a 13 amp mains socket with the flexible lead connected to the socket on the rear of the main unit marked “PWR”.